Site Map FAQ Link Contact About
Final Adjustments and Safety Considerations
Slide the battery into it's place and make sure it's secure.
Now, turn on the key and make sure the the battery meter lights up. Lift up the wheel which is controlled by the motor and twist the throttle in the case of a power-on-demand bike or spin the pedals in the case of a pedelec and see if the system is working.
Before you start riding your new electric converted bike, you should test ride it. Go to a big parking place or someplace similar and see if everything works well. Shift gears, feel the bike, see that everything sit in the right place without any vibrations or shaking.
Be careful and take it slow until you get the feel. Ride for a few miles and then come back to check everything over.
- Make sure the breaks are placed and tightened.
- Tighten the bolts.
- Make sure all connections are secure, especially near the hub and at the motor.
To read further about safety considerations, click here.
- Step 1 - Make Sure Your Bike is Suitable for Conversion
- Step 2 - Installing the motor
- Step 3 - Installing the throttle, console and brakes
- Step 4 - Installing and securing the battery pack and controller
- Step 5 - Running The Wiring
- Step 6 - Final adjustments and Safety considerations
Return from Step 6 - Final adjustments and Safety considerations to Electric Bike Kit