Site Map FAQ Link Contact About
Electric Bicycle Benefits - The Complete List
For a list of popular electric bicycle myths and why they are wrong, click here
- Much more fun.
- Get there faster.
- Next to zero maintenance on the electric components.
- Zero emission vehicle.
- Save money.
- Keep fit. Nice exercise.
- Safe in city traffic. You can accelerate fast enough and keep up with the cars.
- Say goodbye to the gas-station.
- Useful for hill climbing.
- Beat the traffic, leave everyone behind.
- Very little raw materials are needed to manufacture.
- Integration with the train.
- Offer the ability to transport significant amount of cargo.
- Many styles to choose from.
- Acceleration to cruising speed is easy and rapid.
- Increasingly, the e-bike components are more and more recyclable.
- Get the direct route.
- No need to look for parking space.
- No need for driver’s license, insurance and license plate.
- Arrive at the office without a sweat. Ready to work without needing a shower.
- Enjoy the scenic route. Take the shortcut.
- Keep up the pace.
- Give up the bicycle clothes. You can dress whatever you like.
- Nice for the environment.
- Just plug it in. Easy to recharge.
- Has the potential to convince people to join the bicycling community(People who otherwise wouldn't use a conventional bicycle)
- Simpler Life.
- Battery recharges for pennies.
- Plenty of brands to choose from. There is one built just for you.
- Not recommended for use under certain weather condition.
- Only one driver per bicycle (maximum two).
- Pedaling is harder when the battery runs out of power.
- Heavy to carry if you have to lift your bicycle to a high building floor.
- Charging is not as fast as pumping oil at the station.
- Some electric bicycles looks clumsy.
- The range is not suffice.
- The reminaing power indicators are not always accurate.
- Battery Pollution. Still not all the materials are fully recyclable.
- Battery replacing is quite expensive.
- Immature Technology. Reliablity problem still exist.
- An easy target for thieves.
- Usually forbidden to children below a certain age.
- Fairly expensive compared to regular bicycles.
- There are some kits that if you add them to a folding bicycle, the folding process will become clumsy and more complicated.
Return from Electric Bicycle Benefits to Electric Bicycle Guide