Site Map FAQ Link Contact About
Installing the throttle, console and brakes
- Remove the grip(s) from both sides of the handlebars.
- Remove the existing brake handle(s).
- If your kit comes with a light, a horn or a console that slide through the handlebars, slide them now.
- Install the new brake handle(s).
- Install the Thumb/Twist throttle in the case of power-on-demand e-bike and console (if available separately) to the right side (most probably). Tighten the twist throttle in place.
- Slide the grip to the opposite side (most probably left side)
- Remove the old cables from the original brake(s) and install them on the new brake(s) levers. Connect the existing caliper brake wires to the new brake levers.
- Adjust the new brakes. The new rim is probably not exactly the same as the old one, so adjusting the brakes for full contact with the rim is important. Electric bikes require more attention and care to brakes since you will normally be riding at higher speeds! Click here for further explanation about how to properly adjust the brakes.
- Step 1 - Make Sure Your Bike is Suitable for Conversion
- Step 2 - Installing the motor
- Step 3 - Installing the throttle, console and brakes
- Step 4 - Installing and securing the battery pack and controller
- Step 5 - Running The Wiring
- Step 6 - Final adjustments and Safety considerations
Return from Step 3 - Installing the throttle, console and brakes to Electric Bike Kit