Site Map FAQ Link Contact About
Electric Bicycles: A Guide to Design and Use
By: William C. Morchin and Henry Oman
This is the first book that I've read about electric bicycles.
Both authors (Respectful engineers in their own fields) have done a fantastic job in delivering an authentic and high level information regarding the electric bicycle physics.
The ideal audience of this book are engineers and technology oriented people. You can find here very detailed data regarding battery physics, AC motors, DC motor, battery charging mechanism and much more.
Also, there is a whole section that devoted to design process. It describes how to construct a new e-bikes through various level such as definition, developing and performance measuring. I think that It can really help people that struggle with new project, it has a lot of value.
Thee are some unnecessary repetiotns in my opinion and a little bit of disorganization.
Here are also the key features as mentioned in the back cover of the book:
- Estimating motor-performance for wind, hill, and cruising power requirements
- Estimating battery capacity and a thorough description of battery charging
- Motor and motor-control options
- Evaluating motor-to-wheel coupling options
- Placement of propulsion components
- Configurations and performance
- How systems-engineering techniques can produce electric-bicycle designs that
- have long travel range and low life-cycle cost
- Developments to watch
Return from Electric Bicycles: A Guide to Design and Use to Electric Bicycle Books